Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Dreaded Bed Rest

They kept us overnight at the hospital yesterday to keep monitoring my blood pressure.  Finally Dr. Hill came by in the morning and presented the option of inducing today.  It's 1 day before 37 weeks, so she said if want to wait to see Dr. White on Monday, we can do that. But I'd be sent home with strict bedrest instructions.  Alternatively she said they could induce me today, and the baby would probably be ok, just 1 day before full term.  At this point she said she could still give us a choice and left it us to decide. 

Well, bedrest doesn't sound fun, but Dr White will be back from vacation on Monday, so we'd rather see her and go from there...  Either way, Dr. Hill said that they won't let the pregnancy continue more than a couple of days, so I could choose to induce today, or let Dr White pick a day when I see her on Monday. 

So... we came home.  This buys us a little more control over the situation - get my parents on a plane to San Jose instead of getting on their flight to Cozumel!, wait for Dr. White, and get a day to mentally prepare and know we're making the right decision to have our little one 3 weeks early.   I'm on bedrest till our appt with Dr White - Monday at 9:30am.  We'll know more then, but my BP is still really high.

No comments: