Saturday, June 9, 2012

Adventures in Shangai

Here I am in Shanghai for the next week+. I've been kind of wary of this trip (food, language, humidity that has already made my hair big, and being away from my family for so long) but so far I'm doing A-OK.

The flight was great - I watched:
Agneepath (and sobbed like a baby)
21 Jump Street (super funny)
Love Aaj Kal (funniest and most ignorant line yet from a Bollywood movie "she's from Singapore. 100% Chinese." Uuhhh...ok my geography isn't perfect but I'm pretty sure that line offended the Singaporean lady sitting across from me who also watched that movie!
The Descendants - only 20 mins of it before I realized that I wanted to wait and see it with Amit.

So...with all that plus a few cocktails and I was having a pleasant flight.

Now here I am at Le Meridian - great location - seems to be in the middle of everything.

For those who are dying to know about the cuisine, I chose NOT to order the grilled silkworm or the baked pig skin for dinner last night but instead opted for some good old shrimp in chili sauce. It was super good.

Up at 5am today thanks to either jet lag or being accustomed to getting no more than 6 hrs of sleep at a time, I was in the gym by 6, and now ready for a day of sightseeing.

Oh and I'm excited to report that I found a loophole - FB is blocked on the web but the app works! Data plan is outrageous so I'll keep check-ins to a min. Interestingly enough, blogger is blocked too so I'm using the app right now.

No comments: