Thursday, January 17, 2008

i want to be an anthropologist

it's been a brutal week at work. dare i say that today is shaping up to be tolerable so far... i've tried to take the afternoon off every day this week, but without fail, i keep getting pulled into a fire drills that keep me at work late. yesterday, i got as far as clicking on "shutdown" on my computer when my phone rang. sighh... it all went downhill from there. so i finally just blocked off my calendar to be out of the office after 1pm tomorrow...this time i mean it!

with work taking so much time away from "other" things i could be doing, i've been doing a lot of reflecting (ok, i guess daydreaming) about what other fabulous jobs i could have:

Fabulous Job #1: Anthropologist
Why I'm qualified:
(a) I took an anthropology class in college;
(b) I like to shop at Anthropologie; and
(c) I think it would sound cool to tell people that I'm an anthropologist
Obstacle: I don't like scientific things :-)

Fabulous Job #2: President of the US
Why I'm qualified: I like to decide things
Obstacle: Do I really need to tell you the obstacle here??

Fabulous Job #3: The person who decides all the street names
Why I'm qualified: I want to save the world, or at least the Bay Area, from the plight of random, unpronounceable, or just plain annoying street names.
Obstacle: None...I think I might really apply for this.

Check back next week to see if any of my dream careers have come true.

1 comment:

Naveen Javarappa said...

I suggest another job for you:

Mystery shopping! Someone else pays for all your shopping, and you get to keep the stuff you buy, and write reviews on it.